Tuesday, March 31, 2009

One of my photos published at the first edition of the Strobist trade secret cards

Ksenija Osolnik & Larisa LesjakIt was a beginning of October when I had a  photo shooting with two nice models Ksenija and Larisa. I had planned that shooting weeks in advance, because I was a bit sick of the standard studio photos with standard paper background. Photos in a real ambient look much better. So Larisa asked her friend who was the owner of this nice bar to help us to make our photos a bit different.

The shooting began with some huge problems. My radio triggers didn’t work. At that time I only had some cheap Chinese triggers that I bought on ebay. I had to trick my studio flashes and trig them optically with my Canon Speedlite flash.

The flash setting for this particular photo was quite easy. I hanged my 650W flash and my largest softbox – a 7 feet wide octagonal softbox – using a portable background holder so that it was just above the girls. And that’s it.

I’m very surprised how popular this photo is despite how simple it was made. It currently has 39 250 views only on Flickr and 571 people selected it as their favorite. It’s my second most popular photo

Last December I was contacted by Zeke who would like to publish it at his first edition of the Strobist trade secret cards. I was quite surprised because this was one of the 24 photos published for this first edition and the group currently counts over 47 000 members all around the world.

You can see a larger photo at my Flickr account.

No comments:

Post a Comment