Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Photo shoot in a quarry at Krk island, Croatia with Lara

Photo shoot in a quarry at Krk island, Croatia with Lara

It was around 5:10 AM and I was still searching for a security guy of the quarry with some beer cans in my hands. I searched his hut and there was no one in. I searched the surrounding. Still nothing. We saw his scooter in front of the hut but there was definitely no one there. We simply didn’t have much time because we were really chasing the sunrise so after about five minutes of intensive search we decided to go on our own and enter the quarry area.

I was very cautious because when I was scouting at this very same location the previous year there was a very tough security guy. He was really pissed off just because I didn’t stop my car exactly at the window of his guardhouse before entering the quarry. But later the locals explained to me that the quarry is a public area so I can bring him some beer and everything will go smoothly.

This was definitely my earliest shoot ever. I usually shoot indoors using strobes where I definitely don’t need to take care of the sun light. But this year I decided to try beach photography which involved shootings using reflectors only. For some years I was watching videos from Sports Illustrated shootings and I noticed they usually use reflectors only. That was definitely something new to me and it looked much easier than traveling and setting up strobes, softboxes, light stands and other equipment.

To read more about that please check out my post Photo shoot in a quarry at Krk island, Croatia with Lara at my new blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment